Sunday, June 14, 2009

Roller Coaster

Starting Tuesday, I have been on a roller coaster ride with my temperature. This is caused by infections of some type or types somewhere or somewheres in my body. We have been running through various different antibiotics with not much success. One of the roller coaster days (they run together for me without much distinction) I was given a C T Scan. They looked at my lungs and my sinuses. My sinuses have been outputting tremendous amounts of phlegm. Gross, and it makes my head and face hurt.

The scan showed a possible fungus infection in a lung, but no problems with the sinuses. They have started me on a strong anti fungal medicine, which can have some revolting side effects. But, God be praised, I do not seem to be suffering them. Then this morning, the doctor said that there was a possible second infection site in the lungs which, I think, is bacterial. So I am getting a steady supply of antibiotics, and I will continue to get these until my body had recovered enough to protect itself. It is amazing how much more efficient God's healing methods are than man's.

Therefore a prayer request is that my body will start rebounding quickly and take over the fight against the infections. Clearly I am feeling better because I have felt like doing two posts today. God be praised.

1 comment:

Beth said...

We are in constant prayer! Jason and Beth