Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 9

We are having trouble conquering my fevers. Last night about midnight I could tell my temperature was climbing. It reached 102 degrees. Another call to the doctor, warm blankets, ice packs, and medicines finally brought it down to where I could sleep. Then this morning I awoke about 7:30 and felt great. I ordered breakfast, ate it, answered e-mail, etc.

The doctor came much earlier today and caught me with my pants down. Be was rubbing creme on my rash and my pajamas were down at my feet. No one batted an eye -- Be subtly pulled a sheet over my lower half. The Doctor is perplexed about my continuing fevers. My lungs are clear -- no pneumonia, my urine shows nothing,
and my blood work shows nothing. I do have pressure in my sinuses and my head drains a lot. So they took a swab there today and will run a test on it. They have also started me on a second type of antibiotic. The drainage from my sinus has left me with laryngitis. Bummer! You know how I love to talk.

My temperature started up again about noon, but they got it under enough control that I did not feel too bad, just listless. So now we are praying specifically that we can find and defeat the infection somewhere in my body. One of the nurses pointed out that when you have no defense against infection, it is difficult to find where it is located.

My temperature is up a little tonight, but I hope I can sleep it off. In any case, God is good.

No comments: