Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 8

Late in the day yesterday my temperature started to rise and I started feeling droopy. I went to bed at 10:00 pm and immediately fell asleep. About 11:45 I got up to use the bathroom and during that process, I got a tremendous case of the shivers. The nurse came in about that time and noticed it. She took my temperature and it was high enough that she was required to call the doctor. They started giving me drugs to stop the shivering and to lower my temperature and I slept until 7:30 am. Of course, there were brief times where I had my vital signs taken, had some of my blood taken, and so forth.

About 8:00 this morning, they started me on an infusion antibiotic but I was still feverish and feeling really lousy as well as still sleepy. When Be came I just lay in bed and hardly moved. We battled this condition all morning and into the afternoon. About 3:00 pm I suddenly felt hungry. So I ordered some lunch, ate it, and have been feeling a lot better since. I even did 12 minutes on the "exercise bike." Tonight at 8:30 I had a supper of a hamburger and onion rings. Oh, I was given another bag of red blood cells today. I am anticipating a much better day tomorrow.

Here are the promised photos: Me on my bike and Be in her cap and gown.

1 comment:

Tuell said...

I'm worried about that fever - I hope they find the right antibiotic quickly.

I think it's funny that you call that thing a bike. Since when does a couple pedals on a metal frame constitute a bike!