Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 10, 3 Days Late.

Day 10 is significant because it is my last day of chemotherapy in the "start-up" cycle of treatment in the clinical trial. Each treatment cycle lasts 28 days, so I now have 18 days to "recover" before the next cycle. What I receive in the next cycle will not be known until near the end of the first cycle, because it depends on how my body is reacting to the first doses. One possibility is that I will have to repeat the same procedure as the first time. Pray that is not the case. The other possibility is that I will enter a regimen of 17 "continuing" cycles as prescribed by the clinical trial. Of course, they may have to take me out of the trial at any time because things are not working as they should. Pray that that does not happen.

There is my future, as far as we can see. I should mention that I should not have to be hospitalized much during the "continuing" cycles. In fact, a lot of that may be able to be done in Abilene. We shall see.

God is good.

From now on, do not count on daily posts. I will post when I have enough information to be worth reading about. Please keep praying.

No comments: