Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cure For Narcolepsy?

It appears that I have accidentally discovered a cure for narcolepsy -- leukemia! I got very little sleep Sunday night, then had the long day Monday with no sleep, and last night it felt like I did not get more than one or two hours of sleep. Today was more relaxed but only about an hour of sleep during the day. I pray that tonight is better.

I am through the first of five 24-hour cycles. I started receiving the first of five infusions of chemo just before midnight. Maybe that is why I could not sleep. We will find out tonight when I get the second one. Then at 4:00 in the morning I was given a shot of a different chemo, and then another one 12 hours later. This cycle will continue for four more days. The shots are not bad, and when I am not in the hospital, either Be will give them to me or I will do it myself

Be arrived about 10:30 exasperated because our favorite (cheaper) parking lot was full. So, at my encouragement, she parked in one of the more expensive ones. It did not take much encouragement! She will probably adjust her departure time in the morning to be able to find a spot in the cheaper lot, even though the traffic may be heavier.

Iwas given two units of blood today, so I should feel stronger tomorrow. Today I was exceedingly tired all day. But I did some reading, and Be and I played a game of gin rummy. She let me beat her. :) I do not have much of an appetite, but I am forcing myself to eat. So far no major reactions to chemo.

No matter what, God is good. I know that I do not have to ask you to keep praying. I love you all.

3 comments:

lenna said...

Hope you can sleep tonight dad. I love you. We had some rain here and in abilene.

Tuell said...

I'm thankful that you haven't had any reactions so far, except not being able to sleep. I had to look up the rules to gin rummy, since it's been so long since I've played.

Sharla said...

So glad you're feeling OK. Do you feel like a vampire getting all that blood? Hmm... maybe you should be reading the Twilight series... :)