Friday, November 14, 2008

Top 10 Reasons I Want to Retire

10. I want to have more time to practice learning Spanish.

9. I want to write my autobiography. I can still remember the people who lived through the Great Depression.

8. I want to practice playing the guitar and the baritone ukulele.

7. I want to do woodworking in my garage.

6. I want to play more golf.

5. I want to fix up our house.

4. I am tired of hearing students say to me that I am a good person and a good teacher, but they cannot learn the way I teach.

3. I want to be involved in more ministries in the church like hospital visitation, the prison ministry, and a "handy man" ministry.

2. I want to spend more time with my wife, and as a part of that, work with her to eliminate the "piles" around the house.

1. I gave an exam last week. Seven out of thirty students passed. There were NO A's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I turned in a letter to my department chair today making official my plan to retire at the end of the Spring semester.

1 comment:

Groakin said...

Congratulations! That is exciting news.