Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It is Handy to be Handy

Be mentioned in her latest letter that I fixed the broken Venetian blind in our dining room. The first picture shows part of the problem with the old blind. One of the pull cords had become so frayed that the blind would not pull up and down without causing a lot of stress. I went to WalMart and bought some string to restring the old blind with.

Then Saturday I found a Venetian blind at a garage sale. I thought that at worst I could take the string off of it and use it on our old blind, because the string from WalMart did not look like true Venetian blind string. But I was not for sure I wanted to tackle that. With all my hesitation, the seller came down from $1 to $.50, so I bought it.


There was some hope that it would be the correct size. But it was not. It was too long and too wide. So in my usual bold fashion, I tackled cutting it down while I watched football on TV. It worked. You see the result. The the new blind is a lot nicer than our old one.

Sometimes it is handy to be handy.

No comments: