Friday, July 3, 2009

Out But Not Free

I spent last night in a real bed next to my sweet wife. What a joy! Of course, the bed is here at Tinker and Betty's house. They are such good hosts. It is a joy to be with them.

For the first time in 30 days I am not connected to the infusion tower that I would have to roll to the bathroom with me and then plug back in to the electricity when I was done. I am OUT of the protective environment. My WBC has, in the last few days, gone from 0.0 to 1.4. Yeah!. My platelets are in the normal range. My hemoglobin is still a bit schizophrenic, but I do not need any transfusions.

However, I am not free. We have to go in to M. D. Anderson every night at 7:00 pm to get an infusion of antifungal medicine. This will continue until Wednesday when I finally get to see the clinic doctor. After that I do not know what will happen. There are several options. But at this time, my chemo treatments are following a "best-case" scenario. So I am asking you to continue to pray for my treatments to work, and work in such a way that we can get back to Abilene as soon as possible. Thank you for your love and support.

No comments: