Saturday, August 9, 2008

Want to See Something Really Cool?

Here is something I find incredible. Go to the web site http://maps.google.com/ and in the box next to the Search Maps tab type the following address: 1365 Cedar Crest Dr, Abilene, TX 79601, and then click on the Search Maps tab.

Next click on the Street View tab in the top right part of the picture. You should now see a little man and some streets marked in blue. There should also be an "A" tab in the picture. It is supposed to be at our house, but it missed us a little to the left. So drag the "man" to the blue street which curves in front of our house a little to the right of the "A" tab. You should be able to see our windmill now. You can rotate the picture 360 degrees, and can move up and down the street. You can also zoom in a little bit. Is that not wild? I just moved to a place on the street so that I can see both our windmill and our house in the background.

Now for the best part. I want to test your deductive reasoning skills, especially Tuell's. Move the little man to the back of our house and rotate so you can see our back yard. Here is the test: When was this picture taken? First one to comment a correct answer gets a raucous round of applause.

3 comments:

Tuell said...

My guess is November 18, 19, or 20, 2007. Here's my reasoning: Rho and Kristen's car in the driveway, plus Mom and Dad's minivan, meaning it was during the week of Thanksgiving. 2007 because I doubt Google had Street Map view for Abilene earlier than 2007. Sunday - Tuesday because 1) our Pilot is not in the driveway (we arrived on Wednesday), and 2) there's no snow on the ground (which happened on Thursday). If I'm totally wrong, please remove this comment to save my reputation! :-)

BoGreenNews said...

Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Also, the old dish washer is on the North side of the house. I had replaced it on the Saturday before.

I do not think that we can narrow the date any more.

Corban Green said...

I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
with a little help from dad

(not much help)

Corban