Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Still Grateful

On March 23, 2015, I posted a song that I had written titled "I Am Grateful." I sent a link to my friend M L Daniels, who is an outstanding composer. He volunteered to help me make the song into something of better quality. We have been working on it since then, and now we are finished. He mainly kept my melody, but he reworked the harmony and some of the rhythm. I think you will agree that he is a very good composer based on what he did with my feeble effort. I had to rework the words also, and I am pleased with it now.

What I am now trying to do is use this work as a new spiritual discipline. Many of us use meal time as a reminder to pray. Now I am wanting to use the greeting, "How are you?" as a reminder to reflect  from a spiritual point of view, and remember again the things that are important in life.

I don't know how to attach the mp3 file that M L has made of the song, so if you want to hear a string version of the song, then contact me and I will send it to you. I can send it as an attachment to an e-mail. I might be able to attach it to a text, but I am not sure.

I pray that God will bless the use of this song.



No comments: