Monday, April 28, 2008

Wonderful New Putter



In March, Rho and Kristen gave me a gift certificate to Golfsmith for my Christmas present. The reason this happened in March is because our families were not able to be together at Christmas, so we waited to exchange gifts until we were together at spring break. Anyway, I had been using the same putter for about 30 years, and my golfing friends convinced me that it was time to update to some modern technology. So after I received the Christmas gift, I enlisted the help of my golfing guru, Jason Holland, and he and I decided what parts to order from Golfsmith. Then he helped me size and build the putter.

As you can see from the second photo, I am loving this putter. I just need to get it grooved before the boondoggle, which is arriving in less than two weeks.

At a garage sale Saturday, I b
ought a device that knocks my ball back to me when I putt it in the machine, so I am getting some good practice in our family room. Thanks again, Rho and Kristen. This gift is working out great. I even parred the 18th hole at Diamondback Thursday by making a 20 foot putt. Yeah!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Watch out Tiger Woods! Enjoy your new toy....looks like you already are!

Groakin said...

I don't really understand the first picture?!?! Is that just a picture showing the old vs. new putter?

BoGreenNews said...

We were measuring the length of the new versus the old before we cut the shaft.